This website is owned and operated by or on behalf of Continental Studios of Queens, Inc. ("Continental Studios"). Continental Studios is a trusted provider of photographic products and services to schools and families throughout the United States. At Continental Studios, we are sensitive to the privacy concerns of visitors to our websites. This policy describes Continental Studios’ information practices pertaining to content that you provide to Continental Studios by using this website and the choices you, as a visitor to this site, can make about the collection and use of your information. Please note that this Privacy Statement applies only to information collected on this website and does not apply to any other information collected by Continental Studios by other means.
What personal information is collected through this website?
We only collect personally identifiable information about you to the extent you specifically provide it to us. This includes the information, such as your e-mail address, that you provide when you register as a user of this website, contact us through this website to place an order, contact customer service, or register for a service.
Continental Studios may collect personally identifiable information through surveys for market research purposes to gain a better understanding of our customers, to improve our products and services, and to develop new products and services. The information we collect in such instances depends on the survey, but might include your name, address, age, information about your use of our services and products and the like.
Any personally identifiable information which you supply to Continental Studios shall be true, complete and accurate in all respects. You agree to notify Continental Studios immediately of any changes to your personally identifiable information via our website.
What other information is collected through this website?
In addition to personal information you provide us through this website, we may collect anonymous information, such as your browser type, the type of operating system you use, the domain name of your Internet service provider, and pages visited on the website. None of this information identifies you personally; we collect it for aggregate reporting on site activity. For example, we may want to know how long the average user spends on the website, or which pages or features get the most attention. We use this information to make the site more useful to our customers. Examples include:
· Web Beacons. We use "Web Beacon" (also known as "clear GIF", "pixel tag", "data tag" or "image tag") technology to collect anonymous information about how our site is used. We use this information to make improvements to our site and to help us plan for technical improvements. This information will not identify you or any other user of our web site as an individual.
· E-Mail. We use clear GIFs in our HTML - based emails that tell us whether or not you can accept HTML images and, if you can accept HTML, whether or not you viewed the e-mail. We use this information to help us make e-mails about our products and services more useful and interesting. This process does not leave any information on your computer, nor does it collect information from your computer. We do not sell this information to others, and we only use it to improve our e-mail communications with you.
How is my information used by Continental Studios?
Your information may be used by Continental Studios in the following ways:
· To Provide Services: Continental Studios may use your personally identifiable information to perform its obligations resulting from the delivery of Continental Studios products and/or services to you. Continental Studios uses your personally identifiable information to respond to your questions and to fulfill your requests or to manage interactive customer programs.
· To enhance our Services: Both personally identifiable and anonymous information may used for the purpose of providing you with a positive user experience, and may include Continental Studios marketing and promotional purposes; developing and improving our website, products and services; and improving the content of our site and its usefulness to the user.
· Third Party Uses: Continental Studios is entitled to contract with third parties for its fulfillment of its obligations hereunder. These third parties (for example credit card authorization companies, merchandise distributors, vendors processing outbound email communication, etc. who help us offer our services and run the site) may help Continental Studios to process information, fulfill customer orders, deliver products to you, manage and enhance customer data, provide customer service, assess your interest in our products and services or to conduct customer research or satisfaction surveys. Your customer information is provided solely for the purpose of providing you the services you request at the time you request them. Third party intermediaries do not retain or access this information in any way, other than is necessary to provide you with Continental Studios services.
· To Contact You: Continental Studios also uses personally identifiable information to contact you, always on an “opt-in” basis, via mail, via e-mail or phone to inform you of our (new) products and/or services and the products and services of our carefully selected partners, promotions we may offer, to submit a customer survey and any other marketing activity. Continental Studios is entitled to contract third parties to perform its direct marketing activities. Continental Studios may use your personally identifiable information to conduct market research, to improve our products and/or services, to provide more responsive customer service and to improve our website, products and services.
· Transformative Uses: Continental Studios may create anonymous information records from personally identifiable information by excluding information (such as your name or e-mail address) that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous information to analyze usage patterns, to improve our services and reserve the right to use and disclose anonymous information to third parties in its discretion.
· With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when your personally identifiable information might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information. For example, we might offer you the opportunity to take advantage of a promotion that requires us to share your personally identifiable information with a third party. If you do not want your personally identifiable information to be shared, you may choose not to provide the information.
Continental Studios does not sell, rent or share customer information with unaffiliated third parties. We reserve the right to share such information among our independent sales representatives and/or corporate affiliates. However, if you are contacted and do not wish to receive further information or contacts, use the means by which you were contacted to indicate you do not want further promotional information or contacts. We will act promptly to honor your request.
The security and confidentiality of our customers' personal information is extremely important to us. Continental Studios has implemented measures to protect such information. For example, we protect against unauthorized disclosures by limiting access to employees and Continental Studios’ contractors who need the information to help run the site. We also give them guidelines for adhering to our confidentiality policies.
We limit the information we provide to outside companies to only the information we believe is appropriate to enable them to carry out their responsibilities under our contracts. We require that the information provided be used only for the specifically authorized purpose and that its confidentiality be maintained.
This website uses Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol to encrypt your personal information, including your credit card number, before it travels over the Internet. TLS technology is the industry standard for secure encryption and data integrity online.
This website does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 and we take measures to prevent collection of personal information from children through this website. If a child has provided personally identifiable information through the website, we ask that a parent or guardian contact Continental Studios in writing at 103-03 Metropolitan Avenue - Forest Hills NY 11375, Attention: Privacy Office or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will delete the information from our files.
No control of third party sites
Please be aware that websites that link to this website may collect personally identifiable information about you. You should consult the other sites' privacy policies as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
At any time you can cancel your Continental Studios membership or have image postings removed by contacting emailing Continental Studios at email@example.com . If you request cancellation of your account/images, Continental Studios will remove all content (photos) or other personal information from the site. Your photos may or may not be accessible to you if you choose to rejoin or reactivate your account at a later date. Information necessary for the purposes of maintaining business records regarding a cancelled account, including records of credit transactions and account ownership, will be retained in accordance with applicable law.
For further information
For further information regarding this website privacy statement or related Continental Studios policies and procedures, please contact: Continental Studios Customer Service, Mail: Continental Studios of Queens Inc., 103-03 Metropolitan Avenue Forest Hills, NY 11375; Telephone: 718-268-2870; email: firstname.lastname@example.org .